The hustle and bustle of the holiday season has arrived, has it not? With Thanksgiving being a week later this year, there’s even more of a crunch to get everything done. This time of year is certainly fun and festive but it can also be stressful. You may not feel like it as you watch your to-do list grow and the days tick by, but there is time to get things checked off the list and we can help.
Did you know Ashley’s Pastries is a great one-stop-shop for your holiday shopping needs? We can help as you make your list and check it twice. Think about it. Most people love food. During the holidays, when so much is going on, food is needed and wanted, especially if someone is hosting Christmas dinner, throwing a holiday celebration or has a house full of guests.
Food is a gift that always fits. With our gluten-free recipes and ability to do custom orders (great for anyone with a food allergy), we can help craft baked goods that work for anyone. Give us a call to place your order and we can have everything packaged and ready for an easy pick-up. Or stop in and we’ll work together to create just what you’re looking for.
Did you know we can take things one step further and ship those sweets to the desired recipient? That’s right – we can deliver our deliciousness to family and friends outside of the 937 area code! If you have a family member that has a favorite treat from Ashley’s but won’t be home for the holidays, we can deliver the goods right to their doorstep.
Come in to see us this week and we can create a custom cookie box, pastry package, or dessert sampler to send anywhere in the U-S. You pick out the deliciousness and we can make sure it arrives at your destination. Next Wednesday, December 18, is that last ship date to guarantee the goods arrive for Christmas.
If you don’t need to ship the sweets, but you do need a little inspiration, read on for a few ideas for those on your gift list. Just add some pretty packaging – a decorative holiday plate, a pretty basket, a festive gift bag, top with a bow, and you’re all set!
- Hostess. If you’re traveling this holiday season and will spend an overnight somewhere, we suggest taking a breakfast treat for the hostess. That takes the pressure off in the morning for anyone to prepare food. Everyone can wake up at their own pace, relax and enjoy a cup of hot coffee while nibbling on cinnamon crumb coffee cake or cheese danish.
- Helpful neighbor. You know the neighbor that’s been there for you all year long, the one who gets the mail when you’re on vacation, shares the abundance of tomatoes in her garden, and helps rake leaves in the fall? Nothing says thank you and happy holidays like a decadent, indulgent dessert. We’d recommend a chocolate raspberry mousse torte or red velvet cake. Place on a pretty cake stand plate for the perfect touch.
- Bus driver. Most likely, you don’t know him or her very well, but he or she is the kind soul that drives your child (or children) to and from school each day. You’d like to give something to show your appreciation and food makes the perfect gift here. We’d recommend a loaf of fresh cinnamon bread topped with a pretty bow or a holiday box filled with an assortment of gluten-free muffins.
- Piano Teacher. For the instructor teaching your little one to learn to play the piano, a box of assorted cookies makes the perfect gift. We suggest a variety of our favorites – sand tarts, seasonal decorated cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut, Mexican wedding cookies, and tea cookies. Put them all on a festive holiday plate and you’ve got a gift to make anyone happy!
- Holiday dinner party. There’s a good chance this season you’ll be attending a holiday dinner, whether it’s a party hosted by a friend or a celebration with your family. Because you don’t want to show up empty-handed but you may be short on time, pick up some of Ashley’s signature dinner rolls to take along. Guests will love our light and dark rye salt sticks, croissants and plain dinner rolls.
Despite the hustle and bustle of this season, we hope you take time to savor the magic of the holidays with family and friends. After all, that’s what this time of year is all about. And we’re here to help you celebrate life deliciously. Happy Holidays!