Are you ready for some football? This Sunday, February 2, is the big game. Whether you’re super-stoked for the match up of the Kansas City Chiefs versus the San Francisco 49ers or you’re just watching for the commercials, the Super Bowl is a huge event in this country and we can help make sure you’re prepared for the game, no matter how you plan to watch it.
Are you hosting a gathering? Headed to a party? Just hanging out with the family? To guarantee a Super Bowl victory, you’ll want to start with a game plan for your food.
Hostess with the mostest. You can host a great party and minimize the stress by taking a few shortcuts – we promise they’re allowed here!
- Depending on the size of the crowd, consider catering the event to help make shopping, prep, and clean up a breeze. Many local restaurants offer catering options, so even a favorite local taco joint could be an option for game time food. You can also take out wings, pick up party platters or grab a few pre-made veggie trays.
- Another way to make hosting easy, make it a potluck event! You can stick with traditional tailgate fare or pick a theme and have guests bring something specific to avoid repeats.
- Don’t forget that Ashley’s offers lots of options to make hosting a breeze. Our bakery fresh buns are perfect for sandwiches and sliders, which always pair great with football.
Gracious guest. If you’re headed to a Super Bowl party, make sure you don’t show up empty-handed. Even if the host insisted you don’t need to bring anything, it’s always nice to have a small gift, a bottle of wine or a plate of cookies to share.
- Swing by Ashley’s on your way and pick up a tray of football cookies or assorted bakery favorites. Desserts are sure to be a hit at the party and sweet treats are the perfect play to all of the salty snacks.
- Easy-to-transport appetizers and dips are always a score for a football game. Meatballs that you can make in the crockpot are great because you can make them so many ways: traditional, spicy, BBQ. Traditional dips like Buffalo Chicken Dip or Spinach- artichoke dip are always crowd pleasers and great when you’re on-the-go.
Hanging at home. If you prefer to keep it low-key this year so you can actually watch more of the game or catch the commercials, you don’t have to skimp on the food spread.
- Pick up some of Ashley’s fresh bread and make your own sub sandwiches with your favorite meats, savory cheeses, lettuce, tomato and pickle. You can also serve grilled hot dogs on our fresh, fluffy buns.
- If you’re visiting the bakery for our fresh bread, grab a dozen cupcakes decorated for the big game to enjoy along with the halftime show. Then snuggle up on the coach and enjoy the show!
However you plan to celebrate the Super Bowl this year, we hope you have fun, play it safe and really enjoy time spent with family and friends.