A quick look at the calendar reveals we aren’t far from the end of the school year. While it may seem hard to believe summer is right around the corner, if you’re a parent with a child about to graduate, you know it’s coming and it’s coming fast.
Graduation is an exciting time, whether your student is leaving elementary school behind and heading to junior high or making a big leap from high school to college. Here at Ashley’s Pastries, we want to help celebrate with you and your family by baking memories.
As you start preparing for your graduation party, know that we can help make all of your desserts personal and perfect for your party theme. We can use school colors and logos to coordinate everything from cakes to cookies.
While cakes are always a great option for any party, cupcakes, cookies and cake pops offer a tasty option that is quick and easy for guests to grab, especially if you’re having an open-house style of a party.
Another great option? Snap a photo of your favorite grad and send it to us. We’ll put the photo on the cake for a dessert they won’t forget.
As we’ve mentioned, graduation is an exciting milestone. What an accomplishment for students who have worked hard! But even if graduates are ready to write their new chapter, they’re likely to be feeling a mix of emotions. Graduates may also be feeling a little anxious as they leave the familiar behind and venture into the unknown. Although we’re more experts on baking, we thought we’d share a few pieces of advice for the graduates, too.
- Be open. After graduation, you’re likely going to be starting at a new school or a new job. If you’re moving away, you’ll have a new home. As you adjust to all the change, be open to the new people and new experiences you’ll encounter. It’s a wonderful opportunity to learn new things and see things from a new perspective, if you’re open to it.
- Find something to be thankful for everyday. Change can be hard sometimes and that’s okay. Even on your bad days, you can always find something to be thankful for, even if it’s something small. Practicing gratitude can help brighten your mood and put things in perspective.
- Keep in touch. Text your friends. Call your parents. Write to relatives. Staying connected to those you care about can help ease your transition. It’s also great to keep in touch and share all the fun, exciting and new things happening in your life.
- Find your balance. You’ll hear this often throughout your life, but this is a great time to put it into practice. Work hard and play hard, too. Find time for family, friends and yourself. Make sure each day is a mix of not only what you have to do, but also includes things you want to do because they make you feel happy, energized and refreshed.
- Enjoy! What an exciting time in your life! Starting at a new school, going away to college, or getting a new job are all things to be celebrated and enjoyed. Make sure you take time to soak in the moment and really savor what’s happening.
We’ve shared many milestones and baked memories for many families over the years and we’re grateful to be included. This year, we’d like to congratulate all of the local graduates from Oakwood, Kettering Fairmont, Alter, Chaminade Julienne, Miami Valley Schools, Dayton Public Schools and Centerville schools. Congratulations and good luck!